Still scared at the thought of creating technical drawings? In this one-day session you will learn the basics of technical drawing and the very best tips on how to tackle any jewellery design, big or small.
In this workshop, award winning jewellery designer Arabel Lebrusan will share her extensive experience in the industry, from making basic outline drawings to communicate your ideas with customers, to full specification technical drawings for manufacture.
Arabel will provide all the materials you need, so all you need to bring is yourself!
You will also be taking home some of the technical drawing materials, so you don’t have any more excuses not to draw!
- You will first learn some basics of technical drawing
- Quickly moving into drawing a basic ring with stone setting
- You will then learn how to draw from a life sample in plasticine, and Arabel will show you some tricks on how to tackle any design
- This is a basic course, but by the end if it you should be able to make a technical drawing on your own, and learn some tricks on what to do if you feel stuck
- You will be taking home technical drawing materials to practise on your own:
- technical drawing mechanical pencil 0.3mm
- set square for jewellery
- thumbwheel compass for jewellery
Book early to avoid disappointment – this workshop is limited to a small class of 8 people to ensure each attendee gets the very best out of the session. Send an email to email@example.com to book your place.
Date: 31st July
Tutor: Arabel Lebrusan
Where: Craft Central. Clerkenwell. London
This is the first of a series of workshop on specific skills for jewellery design. Simply drop her an email to register your interest in these workshops and she will keep you in the loop of the coming sessions. Alternatively, if you need specific advice in an area of your practice/business that you are struggling with, let Arabel know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will be able to organise a one-to-one session with you.